A park ranger in the Congo attempts to save his dying friend by becoming a poacher
Logline: When his hatred of elephant poaching leads to a tragic ambush, a ranger in DR Congo must work with a poacher from his past to save a friend mortally wounded in the attack, returning to the park he once patrolled now as a hunted man.
Learn more about Parc National Garamba.
News about Garamba
- Second Rounder – 2021 Launch Pad Feature CompetitionExcited for Garamba to be selected for the Second Round in the 2021 Launch Pad Feature Competition!
- Semifinalist – TSL Free Screenplay Contest (2021)My feature drama screenplay Garamba made it to Semifinals in The Screen Lab’s Free Screenplay Contest (2021)!
- Semifinalist 2021 Nicholl Fellowship – GarambaSo grateful that Garamba is a Semifinalist in the 2021 Nicholl Fellowship!
- A Rhino Protector and a Poacher Both TurnWhile conducting research for my screenplay Garamba, I came across these two reports and their juxtaposition fascinates me. One is a video that documents a poacher becoming a ranger to protect the animals he once hunted. The other details a ranger on trial for being a poacher. While I do believe that the lives of…
- Quarterfinalist – TSL Free Screenplay Contest (2021)My feature drama screenplay Garamba made it to Quarterfinals in The Screen Lab’s Free Screenplay Contest (2021)!
- Quarterfinalist 2021 Nicholl Fellowship – GarambaSo honored to share that Garamba is a Quarterfinalist in the 2021 Nicholl Fellowship!
- Cinestory 2021 Quaterfinalist for GarambaVery honored to have recevied a Quaterfinalist recgonition for my feature screenplay for Garamba. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to attend this year. I plan to submit again in the future with a new script and, hopefully, then I’ll be able to go.
- A Second Chance for Former Circus ElephantsElephants (and so many animals) deserve much better than how we as humans treat them. This is a sweet story about several elephants receiving an easier life in their old age.
- When Lambs Become Lions, 2018 – ★★★★½Amazing documentary. I have no idea how the filmmakers did it but it looks and feels more like narrative. Stunning cinematography. Not sure for how long but it’s currently available to watch for free on Documentary+. While some details are different, the trailer almost feels like it could be for my screenplay Garamba. Watched on…
- Semifinalist, ScreenCraft Screenwriting Fellowship 2021Happy to announce that Garamba is a 2021 Screencraft Fellowship Semi-Finalist!